Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard issue laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aquinn

aquinn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

Have a Toshiba Satelitte A100 XP Pro SP3. When I start it normally, then it appears that the control key is being held down with any program. However, if I hold both control keys (left and right) during start-up, then the control key issue disappears. I have looked at Regional/Language settings, Accessibility options, check antivirus program (AVAST) and in the BIOS. Does anyone know why this would be happening. I have tried many suggestions such as hitting Ctlr + Fn + Alt. The laptop also has Alt Car and Verr. maj. (Cap Locks) keys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PC WhizzKid

PC WhizzKid

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Does the Ctrl key work OK?
PC Specs:
Model: Advent CPU: 2.4 Quad-Core P4 RAM: 4.0GB Graphics: 256MB On-board ATI X1200 Sound: On-board Hard-Drive: WD 500GB Monitor: 19 (1400x900) Windows: 7 Home Premium.

#3 aquinn

aquinn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

The Ctrl does not work okay. When I hold down the both ctrl keys at startup, then it does not appear to be held down. However, if I use the Ctlr key to perform an action, such as, Ctrl +a it does not work.

#4 aquinn

aquinn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

I meant to say the right ctrl key. The left ctrl key will operate fine when I hold both ctrl keys at startup, but not if I startup without holding the ctrl keys down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users