Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What software Vista Maintenance and General Maintenance?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tdpeake

tdpeake

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

First off, I don't like vista and those poor souls that purchased a computer between the end of XP and the beginning of 7 I am sorry. Two of those souls belong to my parents who are constantly having issues of a slow computer, sticking screens, malware, long loads, etc. So my question is what are some simple software tools I can use to clean their computer and keep it in good maintenance whenever I get the call to go and looked at it.

I have them using NOD32 from eset, and I am going to take Antimalware with me on the trip. Anything else in general or special for vista?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

1) There is absolutely nothing wrong with Vista. It's a fine OS.
2) Nothing you should use to try to "clean" any system. A good av and either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyware (and maybe SpywareBlaster) combined with smart computing is all you need.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

Louis

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

Here is a link with many many applications that can be used for cleaning up a sluggish computer!!!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic366982.html

Try an online virus scanner (eset online scanner is a great one),along with defragging software also malwarebytes.

Let us know how it goes for you.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users