Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Man bites Dog!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It

http://www.digtriad.com/news/watercooler/article/178031/176/Florida-Homeowner-Forecloses-On-Bank-Of-America

Instead of Bank of America foreclosing on a Florida home. The homeowner had sheriff's deputies foreclose on the bank.

Bank of America had filed foreclosure papers on the homeowner, who didn't owe a dime on their home. They had paid cash for the house.

The homeowners went to court to prove they didn't owe anything on the house. A Collier County Judge agreed they didn't owe anything and never had a mortgage to begin with. Bank of America was ordered by the court to pay the homeowner, Maurenn Nyergers and her husband's legal fees for wrongfully trying to foreclose on their house.

snip

So with several armed Sheriff's deputies, movers and a moving truck in tow, the attorney went to the bank to foreclose. The attorney gave instructions to be ready to remove desks, computers, copiers, filing cabinets, even cash in the teller's drawers.

After about an hour of being locked out of the bank manager's office, the attorney was finally handed a check from the bank for the legal fees.

"As a foreclosure defense attorney this is sweet justice" says Allen.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pacificdenizen

pacificdenizen

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

What a great story!!!

It seems to me that this is not the first story I've seen about Bank of America trying to foreclose on someone who had paid for their home in full. It's disturbing.

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

I don't understand how a bank could even make a mistake like this. I bought a house years ago and their is stacks of paper work. The bank should of known they didn't have all that paper work. Unless they made false documents and then somebody should go to prison. Why didn't the bank think that someone who paid cash for a estate didn't have the money to get good legal assistance. Why would a bank after loosing the case defy the courts findings. Judges don't like that. Their is more to this hidden some where.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

All I can say is WOW! That is to funny. Banks need to be more careful when they do paper work on stuff like that.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

I am glad the homeowners came out OK. Although I bet there is a back story here some where. If you own a home out right with a recorded deed then a simple phone call to the banks attorneys should have been sufficient to clear up a typo on a foreclosure notice.If they actually had to go to court at some level the bank must have thought they were on solid ground. Wouldn't surprise me to hear that this was a do it yourself purchase and had not been recorded properly.
Always use an attorney and do not cut corners with any type of real estate transaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users