Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All files empty, no items on desk top, windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roshcats

Roshcats

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

I am using Windows 7 with IE8.

How it hsppened: I have been looking to buy a car and a guy emailed me and I thought it was a scam and then IO found the listing on eBay. On the auction page there was a tab that said "report item" I clicked it and it went to what looked to be an eBay chat, never used it beofre so I didnt know what one would look like, it looked pretty good. Person came on and asked what my problem was and I gave the auction number and the so called eBay person stated eBay backed the auction with their 50,000.00 guarantee and the user had been on since 2002 and kept on and on and offered to help me buy the car. It did have a 100% feedback 106 purchases. Ok so I called out after I figured the whoel thing was BS and he started rambling all kinds of weird stuff and then my computer acts weird. I figured he must of loaded something to me. So that is what happened. I know the guy pulled the ad and deleted the profile. I guess he won though.

What the computer is doing: all my files are stating they are empty, nothing except solitare is working, the desktop is empty except the recycle bin. If I try to run Malwarebytes from the desktop I get an error. The error states "An error has ocurred. Please report this error code to our support team. PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(12007,0,WinHttpSendRequest)

I have: Put in safe mode networking, run rkill, run Malwarebyes, unhide.exe all from a USB and can not tell I have done anything to help.

Anymore information I can give please ask. In advance I appreciate your help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

I am using Windows 7 with IE8.

How it hsppened: I have been looking to buy a car and a guy emailed me and I thought it was a scam and then IO found the listing on eBay. On the auction page there was a tab that said "report item" I clicked it and it went to what looked to be an eBay chat, never used it beofre so I didnt know what one would look like, it looked pretty good. Person came on and asked what my problem was and I gave the auction number and the so called eBay person stated eBay backed the auction with their 50,000.00 guarantee and the user had been on since 2002 and kept on and on and offered to help me buy the car. It did have a 100% feedback 106 purchases. Ok so I called out after I figured the whoel thing was BS and he started rambling all kinds of weird stuff and then my computer acts weird. I figured he must of loaded something to me. So that is what happened. I know the guy pulled the ad and deleted the profile. I guess he won though.

What the computer is doing: all my files are stating they are empty, nothing except solitare is working, the desktop is empty except the recycle bin. If I try to run Malwarebytes from the desktop I get an error. The error states "An error has ocurred. Please report this error code to our support team. PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(12007,0,WinHttpSendRequest)

I have: Put in safe mode networking, run rkill, run Malwarebyes, unhide.exe all from a USB and can not tell I have done anything to help.

Anymore information I can give please ask. In advance I appreciate your help!!!

the best thing to go is to put rkill, malewarebytes, and unhide on the desktop. the only other file you will need is tdsskiller. the link below will walk you through and provide the download links needed.

this article here (even though you have not mentioned an app holding your computer ransom) sounds very close to your issue at hand - Windows 7 Recovery Removal

once you get malwarebytes working there will be a text file open up when finished running (be patient as malewarebytes can take some time to run), copy the text file, and paste the results including malwarebytes version and operating system version in that file here so we can see the results.

Edited by herg62123, 05 June 2011 - 02:43 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Roshcats

Roshcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

Sorry I have not replied, got called away on business. I will get strted on this now. Where do I post the log? I thought I remember there being a different forum to put all logs or do I post it here?

#4 Roshcats

Roshcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

OK, I followed the "Remove Windows 7 Recovery (Uninstall Guide)" and ran rkill and it stopped "InfDefaultInstall.exe". I then rn the tdsskiller and it did find any results. I started the Malwarebytes and it would not allow it to update it giving me an error, PROGRAM_EROOR_UPDATING (12007,0,WiHttpSendRequest).

I guess my next step is:
If after running TDSSKiller, you are still unable to update Malwarebytes' Anti-malware or continue to have Google
search result redirects, then you should post a virus removal request using the steps in the following topic
rather than continuing with this guide:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help Topic

Correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users