Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Background

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LadyBlue

LadyBlue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

HI, I have just joined this forum. I have a problem with my windows XP home edition. I installed a trial panda antivirus to try it out. When I did this, I lost my display picture on my computer screen. My backdrop is blue but when I shut the computer down my picture that I had on there reappears until the computer shuts down. I have tried to go in and put the background back in but when I go to desktop in the display my computer screen is white and the area that I can pick different desktop pictures is grey so that it it telling me that I can not use it. I have even tried to just put the desktop picture from the desktop by right clicking but it will not work either. The only thing I can change on my desktop is the color of the background. I can not get to the browse function or the position function. Please help me. I also started to have this problem when the panda antivirus found a virus in my C:\windows\system32\kernels64.exe the panda antivirus deleted the file and that is when the problem started. What can I do to get my pictures back without spending a fortune to take it in and get it taken care of. Thanks in advance for any help. LadyBlue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

What brand of computer is this?

Do you have the original disk that was sent with the computer when it was new that says either "Operating System", or "System Recovery"?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 LadyBlue

LadyBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

The computer is an hp pavilion xt928. No I do not have the disks that usually come with the computer. When I bought the computer I did not receive any disks for recovery or anything like that. I tried to do a system go back to previous date but my computer didnt go back far enough for me to go back to when the display was working correctly. LadyBlue

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

HP's usually have a hidden partition on the hard drive to do system recovery's with. The usual repair options are non-destructive and destructive repairs.

Here's a link to how to do it for your HP model: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...ocname=bph07145

You'll first want to do a System Recovery (not the Destructive Recovery) to see if this will repair the errors in your system (it will preserve the files and settings on your system). Please be sure to visit Windows Update immediately after this and ensure that you apply all the available updates.

Please let us know if this works out for you.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users