Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sdclt.exe/detectfailure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 makelovenotwar209

makelovenotwar209

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi All,

This is my first post. I am very grateful that there is a forum like this to help us all with our computer issue. I am just now exploring the msconfig.exe utility on Vista. I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 laptop with T2060 Processor (1.60 GHz, 1600 MHz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical) with a 70 Gig Hard drive and 1 Gig of RAM. I am running Vista Home Basic since 2007. I am just now trying to understand the back-side of my computer, the hows and whys of what it is doing behind the scenes. I have a thousand questions about so many things, but I will start where I am now:

I have been exploring msconfig.exe/tools/CompupterManagement/TaskScheduler/WindowsBackUpMonitor/Action = sdclt.exd/DetectFailure.

What does the "/DetectFailure" argument do - what happens if I delete this argument.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

I have no answers...but I suspect that using Google would save you a lot of time posting about many things.

Louis

#3 makelovenotwar209

makelovenotwar209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have been doing Google and Bing searches on the many questions I have but my concern is that I may end up on a malicious site. I have bookmarked just a few of the help forums that I believe are trustworthy in the hopes that I can get most of my questions answered without exposing myself to the exploiters out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users