Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone +20dB Boost keeps turning OFF by itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vertigoelectric

vertigoelectric

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

I've searched for a solution to this and so far I haven't gotten anywhere.

The problem is quite simple, really. I need to have the mic boost on when I use it. It keeps turning off by itself and I cannot figure out why. I left that control window open with the option checked so I could maybe find out what was happening when it turned off, and after a while it just turned off and I hadn't done or changed anything else at that moment. I was using the microphone, but it had been on for a while already.

I thought it was Skype, so I went into Skype options and UNchecked the option to let skype control my audio devices. I read online somewhere that updating to the latest drivers (I have an Audigy 2 ZS) from Creative would fix the problem, so I updated them. So far nothing has worked (obviously, or else I wouldn't be posting about it). I've also searched the Creative audio settings and haven't found anything relevant.

I hope someone can help me. It's quite a nuisance. The worst part is that I don't know when it happens. I'll be talking on Skype or streaming live on JTV, and after a while I'll notice that people are having a hard time understanding me... then I go check the mic boost and, sure enough, it's off again.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Related Links

Louis

#3 vertigoelectric

vertigoelectric
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Related Links

Louis

I told you I already searched for answers and so far none of them have helped me. I always look for answers myself before asking for help.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

Sorry that my attempt to point you in the right direction...failed.

Louis

#5 vertigoelectric

vertigoelectric
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

Sorry that my attempt to point you in the right direction...failed.

Louis

Well, I appreciate it, but I already searched Google... and while I know there are many, many topics about this out there, I've so far been unable to find one that solved the problem for me... so this post is my attempt to get personalized assistance with the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users