Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google searches being redirected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TomKo

TomKo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Since yesterday, I've had this virus that would redirect me to television and video sites and fake anti-malware sites. Now, this actually doesn't happen all that often. It tends to happen most for searches related to malware or virus removal. The funny thing is, I use Google Chrome and this problem doesn't show up when I'm using incognito mode. In addition to that, I'm never redirected when I drag and drop the search result to the tabs instead of just clicking it. Apparently, it's not a very persistent or strong virus. Nevertheless, it annoys me and I'd really like to get rid of it.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition and I use Google Chrome primarily with Firefox as my secondary browser. (it affected Firefox as well)

I am about 99% sure I got this virus from a torrent yesterday. Since then, I've used various anti-virus software one at a time including: AVG, McAfee, NOD23 (free online scan), Malware Bytes, and Hitman Pro. I think I may have weakened the virus since it used to be a lot more annoying and redirect more often, but it's still there.

This is a screenshot of one of the sites that it would redirect me to. There are other sites for Twilight, Heroes, etc. I don't even watch TV.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comp39

Comp39

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Nothing wrong with Twix. :lol: :lol:

http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/download/ That will do the trick, free download, put it on FULL scan, you find that left hand side of the program. Please ask the MODS in here before deleting anything, and NEVER delete anything Microsoft.
Hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users