Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 System Restore Frozen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasDG

ThomasDG

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and attempted to do a system restore. I set the restore back a few weeks ago and then it began more than two hours ago. The screen says "Please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored. System restore is restoring the registry...". I know that I probably should not attempt to reboot, but how should I handle this?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

Answer these questions, it might help others help you. Question: what problem are you trying to fix by going to a restore point? What else have you tried to fix this problem? Any information along these lines will help. Do you get any error codes?

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

If the system is frozen you have no choice but to force a reboot. In the future I strongly recommend you look into the use of disk imaging software. System restore is great - when it works. Unfortunately there are far too many instances of it NOT working when most needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users