Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Net Framework not installing on Windows XP Pro

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MysterioMask

MysterioMask

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Ive had this for a while and ive tried uninstalling all my updates for network frameworks and ran a few other programs but nothing seems to help.

I have problems with 3 net frameworks. Where they just never install ever. Even on automatic install when the comp shuts down it acts like its installing but when i come back on it i still have to install them. When i install them manually it says 2 of them are installed and one failed but when i look at my updates the ones it says were installed still need to be installed.

I provided 2 attachments, 1 showing the items to install, "and what it shows after i supposedly installed them" and another showing you the error and install message after it "installs".
Attached File  Before and After Install.JPG   153.43KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Install Screen.JPG   137.82KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

I would uninstall all versions of NET Framework, using Dotnetfix Cleanup Tools - http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip .

Then I would download/install the network version 3.5, SP1.

Download , Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

Louis

#3 MysterioMask

MysterioMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

Had an error on installation of Net framework. heres the error log

[06/03/11,17:33:50] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86. MSI returned error code 1603
[06/03/11,17:34:19] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86 is not installed.

Edited by MysterioMask, 03 June 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

Louis

#5 MysterioMask

MysterioMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Tried that ran the auto fix it thing, it then seemed to install netfix3.5 correctly but now i have 4 other netfix's that will not install properly instead of 2, what should i do now.

#6 MysterioMask

MysterioMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Would it help any if i told you this originally had vista on it but i installed xp pro instead?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

NET Framework issues that I've seen...are usually caused by file damage...and overcome by uninstalling troubled versions and then reinstalling. As far as I am concerned, it's that simple.

I try not to make things more complicated than they really are.

Louis

#8 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

I just had the same problem with an XP Pro machine at work. The Windows updates would not install for any of the .NET products. I used the cleanup tool as recommended above, rebooted, and started reinstalling from .NET 1.0 up. Once reinstalled, the updates went in smoothly.

#9 MysterioMask

MysterioMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

I tried the cleanup tool and it hasnt worked so far, but i dont think ive rebooted after doing the cleanup, also tried dial a fix and that hasnt worked.

#10 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

The one time I had issues with Net Framework seemed to be because after reinstalling XP, I didnt let Windows Update control the order of updates. Mr Smart here tried to do it MY WAY, not a good idea.. MS knows best...

#11 MysterioMask

MysterioMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

I recleaned my net fix's and started over again, let it install just the ones it wanted to with express install and left the custom install items alone. So far its not causing a problem, i think im just not going to install any custom net fix's anymore.

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

That...sounds like...it makes since.

There is no reason to install anything associated with Windows...if if is not a critical update.

Let us know if you have more issues :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users