Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C000021a

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SageMoonblade

SageMoonblade

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

I have been having an issue with my computer the past 3 or 4 days now. It randomly crashes after a while giving something that looks like a BSOD but is unlike what I have seen before. Just before the BSOD the screen will go black and I can hear my at least one hard drives shut off. When I push the restart button it restarts, you can hear the drive kick back on and it will run normally for awhile. It will either crash when starting applications or after it sits for awhile. The BSOD says:

Stop: C000021A {fatal system error}
The windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c911fcb 0x0052ed04)
The system has been shut down.

I have tried swapping power supplies, checked the hard drives with checkdisk, tested the ram, repaired the operating system, all drivers are up to date and running registry scanner all with no improvement.

Any more ideas?

system specs are

Windows home OS
Biostar TA890FXE Mobo
AMD Phenom 2 X4 965
4 gigs of matched ram
Four hard drives 80gig, 150gig, 1.5tb, and 1.0tb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users