Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vandalism victims unite

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PeteTy

PeteTy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

i think my first experience was shop at home ... i got something at staples that took care of it 2/$10 jewelbox things popup block and spyware doctor used those for about 2 years they quit they both updated a few times a week a did well til then...
wroteto them visited the website ... told me they got new better stuff... well does any of it last for more than 2 years?... no answer

went to norton got their best there is at staples auto updates and all it quit too

talked to the guy at staples he slipped me norton tech tools staples corporate license norton that doesnt expire guess im a easytech now
it is some sort of marketing tool that scans and cleans and writes a nice report that tells you to run to staples and get the newest norton

but it does always update and is the newest norton it works from a non booting thumb drive

ive also got spybot search and destroy the difference between their free version and the $$ version ... with the free version you gotta ask it to update
about 6 months ago i got a meanie win32.delf that infects every exe file on the hd
it also infects the trash can windows dont allow you to erase it unless you disable the trash can it infects faster than norton and ss&d can clean

went to microcenter got NOD32 better than kaspersky they say it got the win32.delf

i got 3 of the smallest HDs i could find and put windows on one on the C: with nod and SS&D and about 2 days later after i had windows and nod and SS&D working i clone 2 C: drives with the hardware cloner then i plugged in to the www

now six months later i have a problem again

SS&D can find it
if you uncheck it in SS&D startup list you have no problem
if SS&D shreds it and its tree im fine for about 3-4 days the it comes back so right im on SS&D teatimer resident nod resident nod doesnt see it ... and it takes about 30 seconds to load any webpage in firefox

nod and/or teatimer must be doing some heavy stuff tasklist shows about 1% cpu use so why does it look like an ibmxt with a 300baud moden?

C:\>ping yahoo.com
Pinging yahoo.com [98.137.149.56] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 98.137.149.56:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

18 * * * Request timed out.
19 3877 ms 3641 ms 4410 ms ir1.fp.vip.sp2.yahoo.com [98.137.149.56]
Trace complete.

guess i know why it took me 30 min to register here now... perhaps i could get a better baud rate if i mail a cd

now only an hour left to download mbam setup

the nod guy sent me here so you guys have good references...

Edited by Budapest, 05 June 2011 - 05:46 PM.
Moved from Introductions ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users