Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system is so busy I can't do much

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 websteve

websteve

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

The system seems to be running other things and not letting me do hardly anything. (it takes 15 minutes to get to the desktop) The mouse moves around the screen fine but if I click to start a program or menu I have to wait anywhere from a minute to 10 to see a response.

The windows perf monitor says I am using single digit percentage of cpu but I don't think it can see all that is going on.

I have to run in safe mode to get anything done.

I have run Malware tool, super spyware, and ccleaner, cleaned out temp files, disable unnecesary startup programs and deleted tracking cookies, but did not fix my problem.

Also, because of the problems in regular mode I am behind in vista updates (missing sr pack 2) and one month behind in makafee virus updates.

I have attached dds and gmer files, but had a problem running gmer in safe mode as there is no scroll bar to get down to the save button, so I used the copy button, is this what you wanted??

I also ran search and destroy's rootkit scanner and found the following (did not fix any of is as I was not sure about it)

Quick scan looks good all green.
deep scan found the following
File 89446.bpc c:\users\all user\microsoft\office\... No admin in ACL
File opal12.dat c:\users\all user\microsoft\office\... No admin in ACL
File CLDShowXini:Update.CL:$DATA c:\users\all user\cyberlink\... Unknown ADS
File alum 005.avi:TOC.WMV:$DATA c:\users\all user\pictures\... Unknown ADS
File bids day 041.avi:TOC.WMV:$DATA c:\users\all user\pictures\... Unknown ADS
File CLDShowXini:Update.CL:$DATA c:\ProgramData\cyberlink\... Unknown ADS

Folder DATA c:\users\all user\microsoft\... No admin in ACL
Folder DATA c:\ProgramData\microsoft\office\... No admin in ACL

Thanks in advance
Steve

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 websteve

websteve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

After reading the tutorial on slow pc performance, I ran the chkdsk with all the options and rebooted. This found 3 bad sectors with one being in one of the c:\windows subdirectories. After fixing this I got a big performance boost. I followed this up with a disk defrag and windows updates. The PC is running great now.

Close this issue out.

Thanks
Steve

#3 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Per request, this thread will now be closed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thread Closed.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users