After reviewing DirectX log (attached) Gamehouse support told me to update a driver to fix a problem launching a game (the game does not recognize that I have java installed). Said the driver was outdated and that I should have (copy pasted the driver info at the top of the direct X text file)
Card name: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Controller
Here are my system specs -
Some other relevant photos -
- I went to intel and they did indeed list an update so I downloaded it.
- the instructions in read me file (attached) said to install kb888111 before installing the new driver.
- I went to Microsoft and the instructions for kb888111 said to first uninstall kb835221, which i did
- I downloaded the hotfix for kb888111
- After reviewing info for kb888111 I was not sure how to install plus I was unsure whether to use xpsp2 version or xpsp1 - I have xp sp3
- After more research on the web regarding kb888111 I decided to keep what I had until I felt more certain of the best action to take. Therefore I attempted system restore, which failed
- The kb835221 version I uninstalled does not appear in add/remove AND on startup the computer detects new hardware (PCI ...bus?) which it is unable to find a driver for, therefore installation is incomplete
- After reading some posts here about kb888111 I went to Gateway, but was unsure which driver to download and install. Therefore I downloaded all of them
- However, I do not know which file(s) to install .
The list of possible drivers is here -
What steps should I take now? Will I still have to install the intel driver after installing the gateway file?
I appreciate your help!
P.S. Not sure if this matters , but I have no sound which is in keeping with other posts I read (although I previously thought I was only impacting the graphics accelerator driver ) and some flash or shockwave do not display, but others do
Edited by balfiecat, 02 June 2011 - 10:18 PM.