Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus keeps redirecting to random websites - Antivirus system 2011 and Security Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dman008

Dman008

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hello,

I have a virus or a trojan or something on my computer. When I use google and click on the links, I often get sent to random websites such as "local doubles" or "yellow pages." I am really fed up with this, and I have tried deleting different things and ending processes and using selective start-up but this problem keeps coming back. I am in desperate need of help.

I have Windows XP and a Dell inspiron E1505. I am currently using Firefox as my browser. These false virus detection popups keep showing up prompting me to buy and install their software, and when I exit, it asks me multiple times "Are you sure you want to keep malevolent software that can ruin your PC running?" and it reports scans finding all sorts of problems that need to be fixed immediately. It also warns me that my computer is sending out spam and I can get in trouble with the government. I am really worried about my passwords being hacked and viruses being emailed to people in my address book (which has happened twice).

I would really appreciate any help I can get here.

Thank you for your time,
Danny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dman008

Dman008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Also, this virus is drastically slowing my computer both on and off the internet, and it is killing me. My laptop has only 1 gig of RAM to begin with.

Thanks again you guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users