Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus stopped boot up, fixed, but..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

Have and XP home SP3 system with kaspersky internet security 2011 that alerted to a major infection, during the process of removal and restart, the system locked up and would not boot.
I used a kaspersky rescue disk 10 to boot, it found and fixed the booting issue(s).

After being able to restart i ran rkill and the MBAM and found some other issue, ran SAS and found some issue as well. tdsskiller detected nothing.
that said all of those things were done in normal mode, not safe mode.

Ran SFC /scannow to make sure system files weren't corrupted, that took a bit of time.

Things seem to be working ok, but the system is still a bit laggy, still concerned there may be some residual infection or other issue to fix.
What should i do?
Thanks

side note: Kaspersky seem to be pretty resource hungry, any thoughts on that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users