Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect, no malware present.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grtwatkins

grtwatkins

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Several days ago my Google searches started to get redirected to ad sites such as:
Aol Jobs
LocalDoubles
GreatDeals

I looked this up multiple times and found out i had a browser hijacker, but i cant seem to remove, or even detect it.

Ive tried all of the folowing fixes:
MalwareBytes (removed several items)
SuperAntiSpyware (removed several items)
TDSS Rootkit remover (scan cameback clean)
TDSS Killer by Kaspersky (scan cameback clean)
Spybot (removed several items)
Hitman Pro (crashs everytime during scan)
Tempoaraly disableing system restore, then trying all of the above.(same results as before)

After all these the issue still persists. I have looked on many sites, including this one, and have yet to find the solution. I will post any logs you may need if asked.

Also, my firewall has disabled itself and i can't reenable it,
When i click turn on it says:"Windows security center can't turn on windows firewall"

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2011 - 04:58 PM.
No logs, moved from Vista to AII.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users