Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One computer conflicts with another computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Doomsis

Doomsis

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

The connection suddenly turns off. Sometimes it stays online then it disconnects for long period of time. There is nothing wrong with the ethernet cord because it works fine on the other computer w/o any problems. I believe it has something to do with my computer because I see the message saying that my ip address in conflicting with another computer. Its a Dir-655 and the wireless radio is turned off. So the only ones that can access is through ethernet cord. In the options, I setup the ip range for only 4 computers because that's all of our computers. I think it's conflicting with another ip address. Can I setup or change ip address to the computer that has problems staying online? Need help where I don't have to reveal my ip address- just describe what to do. For example, you can setup four ###.###.#.# Keep the first 7 digits and change the last digit to any number. I ignore the messages how my ip address is conflicting with another computer because usually I never disconnect.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nate15329

Nate15329

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

First, Let's renew your Ip address on the computer that is being conflicted.
To renew your IP address:
1. Start cmd from the task manager
2. type "ipconfig /release" (w/o quotes) & press the enter key (this command removed the current ip address)
3. type "ipconfig /renew" (w/o quotes) & press the enter key (this command made your machine get a new ip address & hopefully one that doesn't conflict)

If you are having difficulties starting cmd, please let us know or use google.

#3 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

SRRY for the long reply. TY. I also have a question. I have a brother that plays FFXI and when he plays, it has DNS authentication problems. I've searched and learned that it's a port problem so someone could be just trying to take my spot. Something about opening ports, but except I'm using an ethernet port. When I look at my ports, they blink nonstop. It says global ip address not set. I became worried that someone had taken his account. When he changed the password, the problem stopped. But I'm not for sure because maybe the person logged off from my network. Also when I configure my router, it boots me off and i have to relog with my password to my router config screen.

One night I kept getting booted off my network using a ethernet cord on my game system. I was playing online on my ps2 and it had DNAS authentication problem, saying my global ip address is not set or that my DNAS is busy. I was told once a person saved your connection, you cannot stop them from connecting to your network no matter if you protect your wifi connection or put a pin password. The maximum number of ports (4) are all used and occupied, but still one always happens to get kicked off. Since I finally got the PC computer to connect to my router (this using a cord), then my ps2 disconnects (uses an ethernet cord as well). When this problem occurred on my ps2, I would lag very badly. The PC and ps2 were never connected at the same time so I don't think it was an ip address conflict. With the maximum ports of 4, we use no more than 4. We never had a problem with connecting till recently. Could someone's cell phone/laptop w/ saved network could be booting us off our own network. Another thing strange about my game system is it takes forever to load the 'DNAS authentication' problem. Most of the time it fails and once I got in I changed the password and the problem disappeared, but I am not sure because maybe the person just went to sleep. I also only made a total of 5 port slots available.

Edited by Doomsis, 20 June 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#4 Nate15329

Nate15329

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

I have a brother that plays FFXI and when he plays, it has DNS authentication problems. I've searched and learned that it's a port problem so someone could be just trying to take my spot. Something about opening ports, but except I'm using an ethernet port. It says global ip address not set. Also when I configure my router, it boots me off and i have to relog with my password to my router config screen. I was playing online on my ps2 and it had DNAS authentication problem, saying my global ip address is not set or that my DNAS is busy.

Another thing strange about my game system is it takes forever to load the 'DNAS authentication' problem.

For FFXI (PS2) to connect you need these ports open in your router config and assign your ps2 a static IP address in the router config so that you won't have any issues in the future:
  • TCP Ports: 25, 80, 110, 443, and 50000 - 65535
  • UDP Ports: 50000 - 65535
(here's where I got the info LINK)
If you need help with this, tell us the router model, manufacturer, and firmware version.

I was told once a person saved your connection, you cannot stop them from connecting to your network no matter if you protect your wifi connection or put a pin password.

This information is false, as soon as you change your wireless key, they cannot connect until they input the new wireless key.

The maximum number of ports (4) are all used and occupied, but still one always happens to get kicked off.
Since I finally got the PC computer to connect to my router (this using a cord), then my ps2 disconnects (uses an ethernet cord as well). When this problem occurred on my ps2, I would lag very badly. The PC and ps2 were never connected at the same time so I don't think it was an ip address conflict.
With the maximum ports of 4, we use no more than 4. We never had a problem with connecting till recently. Could someone's cell phone/laptop w/ saved network could be booting us off our own network.
I also only made a total of 5 port slots available.

This sounds like a DHCP issue seeing that you only allowed 5 ip addresses to be handed out at a time. When you try to connect another device, DHCP doesn't have any more addresses to hand out even with a device that is off due to the DHCP lease time hasn't expired yet. I suggest you to set the DHCP to hand out more IP addresses. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that this is the solution to your disconnects due to lack of information, such as your IP Addressing scheme.

Edited by Nate15329, 21 June 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#5 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

i don't know how to setup it. my manufacturer is Dlink. My model is a Dir655. Firmware Version: 2.00NA. I went to the network settings a reserved each computer with a ip address. Is this the right one where i set ip address for each computer?

Edited by Doomsis, 30 June 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#6 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Ummm with all the help with malewarebytes, antispyware, autoruns, and gmer my mouse is still moving and highlighting stuff. I can't put my router invisible because i have one computer that uses wireless.

#7 Nate15329

Nate15329

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

i don't know how to setup it. my manufacturer is Dlink. My model is a Dir655. Firmware Version: 2.00NA. I went to the network settings a reserved each computer with a ip address. Is this the right one where i set ip address for each computer?

Yes, that is the correct location to reserve the ip address. Under Advance tab, goto port fowarding.
Then fill out one of the port forwarding rules. The ip address will be the ip address that you statically assigned & reserved to the ps2. Leave the schedule and Inbound rules to default settings.
When done check the box on the left of the rule and click the button saying to save settings.

#8 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

k done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users