Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran SUPERantispyware and after it completed it's process my monitor went fuzzy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coleson412

coleson412

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

My computer has been running really slow and freezing up and I wanted to make sure it was clean of viruses and other spyware before moving on to other file clean-up efforts. I have MalwareBytes which found nothing. I then downloaded and ran SUPERAntiSpyware. 415 cookie items were found. After I completed the process to remove all the listed malware, a reboot was required. After the computer rebooted, my monitor went fuzzy. There are now colored, fuzzy lines accross the screen and it seems to have reverted back to original settings (oversighted icons, etc). Did the program delete something it shouldn't have?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

If the only thing SUPERAntispyware removed was cookies, I doubt it was the source of your issue.

Cookies are text string messages given to a Web browser by a Web server. Whenever you visit a web page or navigate different pages with your browser, the web site generates a unique ID number which your browser stores in a text (cookie) file that is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from that server. Cookies allow third-party providers such as ad serving networks, spyware or adware providers to track personal information. The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and prepare customized Web pages for them.

Cookies are NOT a "threat". As text files they cannot be executed to cause any damage. Cookies do not cause any pop ups or install malware and they cannot erase or read information from a computer.

Cookies cannot be used to run code (run programs) or to deliver viruses to your computer.

MS Article ID: 60971 - Description of Cookies
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users