Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just in Time debugging popup and google search rerouted

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tjk1712

tjk1712

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

I work at a large company and keep getting told by IT that I have a virus on my computer of some sort, and it is getting into our system and disrupting other computers. They have taken my computer and ran all sorts of scans on it, and it has returned nothing. The only thing I notice is that "Just-in time debugging" keeps popping up, and when I google search something, and click on it, I am rerouted to a different random website. The antivirus/malware programs I have run are malwarebytes and spybot search and destroy. I obviously have something on my computer, but not a clue what it is. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

JIT debugging has nothing to do with malware.

If your searches are being redirected...that's one of the signs of malware. If you are on a corporate network...your IT person needs to take care of that.

JIT debugging is a function of certain Microsoft programs...IMO, it should never be invoked, since my understanding is that it is a debug tool designed for programmers.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=what+is+JIT+debugging&cp=18&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=what+is+JIT+debugg&pbx=1&fp=d85724625ce0f79d&biw=1419&bih=695

Louis

#3 tjk1712

tjk1712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thanks Louis. I have turned my computer over to IT several times and they have found nothing. There is something hidden that is not being detected by the virus scans. Was hoping I could find someone here to help me out. McAfee, Malware Bytes, and Spybot just don't seem to cut it. The rerouting of the google searches (when I click on what the google search found) started at the same time as the JIT Debugger. Thank you!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

Well...i tend to look at the big picture...that being...if your system has malware, then the network you are on at work is compromised.

That's an IT matter of the utmost concern.

Aside from malware, I can't think of any reason you would have browser redirects, but...have you tried a different browser?

Louis

#5 tjk1712

tjk1712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

I completely agree with you Louis. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox, and both have the same problem.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

OK, I'll move this to Am I Infected, maybe someone over there has some ideas on what approach can be taken :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users