Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security software compromise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qcool

qcool

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

Hi, my MSE and superanti spyware will not update, i keep getting the message internet or network is down, but i was actively browsing at that time. i also tried to download malware bytes, got to the website but as soon as i tried to download it same message came up.

Ok, i have found what was the problem , but in a way the new one seems worse.
My computer was some how connected to another router and my router at the same, which made me lose most internet connection. The router it was connected to was a different brand and definitely not in my house. when i click on it it required a pin, which i did not have, then i tried to login to my router, but i got a message saying i was already logged in, which was definitely not. After a while i unplug the power for my router waited a while then plug it back in. when i check my network setting again the other router connect was gone and i was able to login to my router again, i then changed the password.

I use wireless to connect to the router in my house, so i wondering if someone was logging my computer on to that router and also logging into my router and how i can prevent it. Thanks.

Edited by qcool, 02 June 2011 - 05:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

With wireless connection you can set it up to connect automatically to the one with the best connection. I would also highly recommend that you login to the router via wired means to make changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users