Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Recovery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mvanauker

mvanauker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

Hi. Last week I got this virus on my laptop and followed the steps to fix it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery.

Computer seemed fine for about a week. But now it's back. And it's behaving differently than before -- tried to keep me from running Mbam by popping up "Setup: Access Denied" windows. I've got the scan running now. But I am now wondering if this thing is really and truly gone.

Also, I haven't managed to get this on my old desktop. Does anyone have any ideas why the laptop might be susceptible? Are some security programs letting this through and not others? Or is there a program that is vulnerable that I might have on one but not the other?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users