Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System crashed a couple of times resulting in blue screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CustomiZer

CustomiZer

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

My dad had been trying to install a usb modem for internet connection on my sony vaio laptop which is running on windows 7. For some reason every time after the installation was done and he clicked connect the system crashed and show a blue screen and showed something about writing a memory dump. In a few moments the system restarts but takes longer time than usual. He tried uninstalling and installing a couple of times and it always had the same result. I'm not worried about the fact that the modem did not work but the crashes worries me ?

Do you think it may have caused any damage to my system ?

And also I don't think I'm infected by any virus but i found some strange files in my windows folder like MusiccityDownload.exe. I don't beleive it is a virus but maybe some crap left around by some application i might have uninstalled. So how do i clean up my my windows folder of all these crap.

Any guidance would be appreciated
Regards

Edited by CustomiZer, 02 June 2011 - 08:23 AM.

~ CustomiZer
When there is a will there is a way. If there is no way then make one.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

You should post in the AM I INFECTED forum on this site and let them know about MusiccityDownload.exe

Edited by Allan, 02 June 2011 - 07:12 AM.

#3 CustomiZer

CustomiZer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

I have made the required thread here

Any other help regarding the other issue is appreciated.
~ CustomiZer
When there is a will there is a way. If there is no way then make one.

Posted Image

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Since you have an open thread in the Am I Infected forum...there is little point in pursuing any other system issues that may result from being infected. I suggest that you wait for that topic to be cleared...then pursue any issues that may exist.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users