Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ConvertxtoDVD makes pc temp scary!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HardKoreZ

HardKoreZ

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

I think the picture speaks for itself... getting majorly worried here... Kinda contemplating whether or not I shoulda hackhand the computer guy I took it to before, thinking he probably didnt apply proper thermal paste... My pc specs are Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer
Model System Product Name
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1230 GB
Disk partition (C:) 155 GB Free (298 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 361 GB Free (932 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Total available graphics memory 2815 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1791 MB

Posted Image

Also I dont know if this makes any difference but once the cenverting was finished cpu temp dropped to 30 degrees almost immediately, is it possible that a bios change might be manditory?

Edited by HardKoreZ, 01 June 2011 - 10:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Particalzman

Particalzman

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

Unsure about your hardware, and thermal paste maybe not being used. But convertxtodvd pushes your system to the limit if you let it there are controls to slow down the hardware usage of convertxtodvd. It is certainly running hotter then it should be. Check and make sure all your fans are working. Maybe someone one left something unhooked, you never know. Also those programs that tell you your core temp. from my understand are just guess's, found online people saying there where easily off by 30 - 40 degrees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users