Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TRYING TO COPY ITUNES TO A FLASH DRIVE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

I HAVE been trying to get answers for days from APPLE COMMUNITY SUPPORT. I have a lot of music that I need to either copy on to a flash drive from my windows pc or else I need to be able to get these songs that I paid a lot of money for but can't do anything with.

I have file sharing on my Mac but the only thing that shows up are the albums I copied from disk.

I have to send my computer in tomorrow for repair (my windows laptop) If I can't get them on a flash drive and can't them on my Mac then APPLE ripped me off bigtime. ACTUALLY I was supposed to send my laptop in over a week ago but I have been spending all this time trying to copy my itunes.

i copied my pictures onto the flash drive with no problem its just stupid itunes that is screwed up. i don't even know what extension the itunes is supposed to have for the music. There's all kinds of "parts" to the music, I HATE ITUNES its too friggin complicated.

Plus you can't do certain things with it without paying them THIRTY CENTS A SELECTION EXTRA

which is a little like buying the car but they refuse to turn the keys over till i PAY THEM AGAIN.

HOW DO I DO THAT?

I have copied them on my Windows7 laptop to a flash drive. When I look at the flash drive while I'm on the laptop it all looks to be there but then when I get on my MAC with Snow Leopard the only thing that shows are the selections that I added myself from my own cds.

This is making me crazy because I need to get these backed up so I can send my computer in and in case they delete whats on my hard drive i do not want to lose any of my i-tunes and I already lost some last summer when someone stole my computers.

I was supposed to mail my laptop in a week ago but still trying to do the itunes copy so I can transfer to my MAC.

??????

When I open it up it has stuff like

It has 4 folders: Music, Videos, My DropBox, Pictures

and a file called purchased.txt,

a file called desktop.ini with exec on the icon

and a file called Itunes Library with exec on the icon

A folder that says Music and when I open that there is another file labeled Music and then A folder that says Itunes and also in that is a Folder that says Playlists

Inside the 1st Music folder is another music folder and inside that is a folder called Itunes and one called playlists

and a file called desktop.ini with exec on the icon

when I open the Itunes file it shows a folder called album artwork, a file call itunes itunes library.itl with exec on the icon

a file with itunes genius.itdb and exec on icon

and a file with itunes library extra.itdb

if I click on the itunes library.itl then it opens up to my copied selections that I got off cds.

if I click on the other two .itdb files it does nothing

inside the album artwork are two files : download, and cache and you can click on those and get files with number like 03, 15

NEVER THE ITUNES LIBRARY

Is there a way to copy just one selection to the flash drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

You might take a look at this

http://www.get411.com/

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:34 AM

You might take a look at this

http://www.get411.com/

Thank you very much - I will check that out - appreciate the tip!

#4 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Well I guess that won't work because i already have it on a flash drive and the computer is gone in the mail shipped off for repair so I gotta figure out how to get it onto my iMac.

Itunes is unnecessarily complicated imo.

thanks for the tip though, maybe it will come in handy some other time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users