Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory upgrade on my Dell Dimension E521

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaysnzees

jaysnzees

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

I have a Dell Dimension E521 desktop. I have read that it can have 4gb of RAM. I have 4 slots for memory, 2 are filled, 2 are not.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YZ4mczvyaTWTxbPBuKJVV6k

In my little mind, I would think I could just buy 4 1gb cards and have what I want. Is it that simple? Can I replace all four or do I have to keep the 2 already there (they're removable)

I read that with those two I have already they are 512 mb each...if I just added 1 or 2 1gb cards in the other two slots it would that slow them down to the 512mb level...this makes no sense. Can someone dumb this down for me please. I'd like to order this stuff online, so if you suggest what I buy, please link it for me.

thank ya
What is thy bidding? My Master?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134046

2GB of ram is sufficient.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users