Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lou V

Lou V

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I have a presario sr1830nx desktop... I am working off a cable modem and a Belkin wireless roter all works ok with my Sony laptop trbl seems to be on desktop. I have local conection to showing up but can not get to inter net I have reset winsoc tried to ping my isp server but it will not see it. The isp tech said looks like a dns problem on desktop. I have check as much as I know so I am looking for some sugguestions from someone on Bleeping Computers...I may also mention kids came over and were trying to get their laptop on the internet and they must have changed some settings on the desktop. I have also tried to get to the internet by going striaght from the cable modem taking the router out of the picture. I have power cycled the cable modem sseveral times..and we are talking ethernet wired for both PC ..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Go Control Panel/Network & Internet Connection/Network...Network Connections.

Place mouse on each connection reflected on big screen and post the results then reflected on the left screen/Details for each.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 June 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#3 Lou V

Lou V
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

One connection is Local area Network connection when I put the arrow over it it say realtek RTL8139/810x Family fast ethernet NIC..(note I have reloaded the driver for the NIC card

the other connection is I1394 Connection it says 1394 Net Adapter
they bother so as connected

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users