Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mugger

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T..

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason..my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan.. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb .... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.

The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,

Alex

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Love it.

Probably a bit of light relief after Afghanistan.

Kicking *** and taking names - in the UK we would probably offer a cup of tea and counselling. :lol:

#3 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

well i guess that wouldn't count as a 'missed connection'
:D

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Snopes.com is the place I go to when getting emails with subjects such as this or something that
doesn't pass my smell test.
snopes.com: Letter to Mugger
Claim: Letter from a putative victim apologizes to a mugger for foiling his robbery attempt.

Posted ImageFALSE

Examples:

[Collected via e-mail, January 2009]

Posted to Craig's List Personals:

To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown (Downtown, Savannah)
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Who cares whether it's true or not...it's FUNNY

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

I don't mind being taken in, occasionally, it's very funny, wish it were true!

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

:lmao:
I'll share since the topic is Marines vs Criminals:

Posted Image

Might need to click the link to read it.

Posted Image

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

That curb was HIGH :lol:
Doncha just love the Corps.

#9 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

:lmao:
I'll share since the topic is Marines vs Criminals:

While this is also funny the article's apparently a photoshop. Snopes is your friend... http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stabbedmarine.asp

Posted Image

Edited by Union_Thug, 01 June 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#10 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Now this is a hilarious thread! So funny lol. :hysterical: :hysterical: :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#11 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:11 AM

:hysterical:

This is an oldie but a Goodie.

Australian SAS

A large group of Taliban soldiers are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a sand-dune.

"One Australian SAS soldier is better than ten Taliban".

The Taliban commander quickly sends 10 of his best soldiers over the dune whereupon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence. The voice then calls out "One Australian SAS soldier is better than one hundred Taliban".

Furious, the Taliban commander sends his next best 100 troops over the dune and instantly a huge gunfight commences. After 10 minutes of battle, again silence. The Australian voice calls out again "One Australian SAS soldier is better than one thousand Taliban".

The enraged Taliban Commander musters one thousand fighters and sends them across the dune. Cannon, rocket and machine gun fire ring out as a huge battle is fought. Then silence. Eventually one wounded Taliban fighter crawls back over the dune and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men, it's a trap,. .. there's actually two of them."

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#12 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

Good one :hysterical::hysterical:

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#13 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

This was at the DailyMail today "I took him to war" Army vet takes bank robber

Posted Image

#14 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

I wonder if the ACLU is going to take Mr. Peoples to court for hurting the bad guy.The bad guy had left the bank there for the people in the bank were no longer in danger.
Great story. Thank you BlackSpyder!

#15 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

IMHO there is something fatally flawed with a legal system which sides with the perpetrator,

To my way of thinking, anyone who sets out to harm in any way another person or their property should forego any rights whatsoever. If they should be damaged during that activity then YEE HAAA, serves ya right; give the other guy a medal.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users