Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Import Outlook contacts to Lotus Notes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dbug173

dbug173

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

Hi, recently have been transferred from using Outlook for email to Lotus Notes at my workplace.

None of the techy guys have come up with a good way to transfer my Outlook contacts which are local to my laptop to my local address book in Lotus Notes.

Looking for a easy way to do this and free of course!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

In Outlook, click File, Import Export, select export to a file, select file type - most likely Comma separated or Tab separated will work.
But you may need to do some editing of exported file Excel to comply with LotusNotes field naming conventions, sequence of fields, etc.

Perhaps this will be useful to your techy guys (who should have prepared for this when they switched you, what were they thinking of!)
http://unlisnotes.unl.edu/notesteam/notesfaq.nsf/b1178870309c168b86256a860076cf8a/9456cd3c54b2b22e86256a5c004df7a4?OpenDocument

If you describe what your techs already tried and failed to do, someone here will find an answer. Also computer system and Outlook version might help.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

Pariculary might be useful is the Windows version, version of Outlook and Lotus Notes.

I agree with tos226. What were they thinking of and they should have planned ahead for every possible failure.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 dbug173

dbug173
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

In Outlook, click File, Import Export, select export to a file, select file type - most likely Comma separated or Tab separated will work.
But you may need to do some editing of exported file Excel to comply with LotusNotes field naming conventions, sequence of fields, etc.

Perhaps this will be useful to your techy guys (who should have prepared for this when they switched you, what were they thinking of!)
http://unlisnotes.unl.edu/notesteam/notesfaq.nsf/b1178870309c168b86256a860076cf8a/9456cd3c54b2b22e86256a5c004df7a4?OpenDocument

If you describe what your techs already tried and failed to do, someone here will find an answer. Also computer system and Outlook version might help.

Hi, sorted it thanks.

Wasnt working at first as Outlook kept crashing when trying to export but once id done an update on Outlook it worked.

Yes the techs should have sorted this out before but i'll not bore you with the details why. Just inter-company politics!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users