Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer shuts down nt authority / systems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 newbieghost01

newbieghost01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

i am writing as i am trying to find a solution for this problem that ive had since thursday of last week, i encountered this problem, as i was trying to check my email, and all of a sudden my system shut it self down and restarted on its own. on that day since that happened as it was restarting i unplugged the system and i was able to do a system restore point , and i believe that is what it saved the system somewhat, since then ive had to download again norton security suite, and since then ive also had to reinstall a word program that i usually use, but as percaution i decided not to , just in case it wouldnt let me install it, even though i have the cd for it .

since then i havent had any issues except for this dreaded little window that pops up being on desktop for a couple minutes talking about computer must shut down nt authority/ system and a countdown in the bottom part of the little window pop up starts counting down, sometimes i am able to end task, but others times no chance of that . and ive searched and ive ran the program "w32.blaster. worm removal tool. from symantec", and it discovered no worm , so i did what was in the next step which was to run the "removal tool from symantec w .32 blaster." in safe mode following how to do the safe mode as indicated, and after i ran it it again said there was no worm, after that i changed it back to reboot to normal mode. and as i did that right now i havent seen the little window pop up saying computer must shut down nt authority/system but i wanted to know if it can still be there and if it would show up next time i start the computer . and also i downloaded the blaster worm : critical security patch for windows xp and it said that the patch would only work for a system that didnt have any service pack. and i have an

hp media center m1070n pentium 4 service pack 3

also i believe i might of had the dreaded windows xp recovery that fake computer analysis as i remember exactly before my computer shut it self down and restarted it said this

Hard Drive Failure
"The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE / SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system."

p.s. also i am sure it must be this or the dreaded mcafee code that was sent to many computers , and caused many computers to have that window pop up saying computer must shut down and countdown starts .

please reply as soon as possible thank you ,

and i am aware that you guys are busy, please help out as best possible thank you

Edited by newbieghost01, 31 May 2011 - 06:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users