Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One issue not resolved w/ Windows Recovery Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DoubleMinor

DoubleMinor

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

Hello,

I’ve ran into the Windows Recovery issue on three computers in the past couple of weeks.(XP, Vista, 7) I have followed the tutorials and have successfully removed each instance but have one underlying problem that I have not been able to resolve. The Start Menu/All Programs shows all program folders but does not have any program shortcuts within the program folders. This is just in the start menu. It is not limited to the current profile either. The problem exists even after creating a new profile.

I do not currently have log files to provide. I am a field technician and am not in front of the PC's anymore. Just thought I'd post and see if this was known and if there was a fix. If log files are needed then I can get then and post at a later date.

Thanks in advance.

DM

Edited by Budapest, 31 May 2011 - 05:53 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~Budapest

~DM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DoubleMinor

DoubleMinor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

NV. I got it resolved. :crazy: