Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Remove "spysheriff" With Ad-aware And Spybot - Search And Destroy Only?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krissy pig

krissy pig

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:25 AM

My computer infected with spysheriff. As I don't have any advanced knowledge about computers, I only run Cleanup!, Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D and followed the self-helping guide carefully.

When I first run Cleanup! and Ad-Aware, spysheriff seemed to be removed. But after I'd restarted the computer, spysheriff was back!!The destop had some warnings again and pop-up appeared!!

After that i run Spybot S&D, spysheriff seemed to be removed again. I saw "spy sheriff" in the list diaplayed when Spybot was checking , i fixed those things followed the self-helping guide and I restarted the computer again this time. Everything is functioning normally now, except that I've heard a sound "do" from my computer once but there was nothing happened, the destop was still displaying my wallpaper.

How to check whether i've totally removed spysheriff? Is it a must to use HijackThis to remove spysheriff?But I totally don't how to use it after reading the guide.

Is there any program that i need to install to prevent infection again(I'm only using Win XP firewall and Spybot now)

PLS help me...

Thank you very much for any help!!!

Edited by krissy pig, 06 January 2006 - 09:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:07 AM

Together with Spybot and Ad-Aware, also use these programs:
aČ free
ewido security suite

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

These 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard

These above programs, along with Spybot and Ad-Aware, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...

Run all of your security programs in Safe Mode:
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

If you are still experiencing problems after using the above programs, post a HijackThis log for examination.

What part of the HJT posting instructions, don't you understand?
If you could explain your problem, in detail, we should be able to help you work through it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users