Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Shannon and I will be working with you to remove the malware that is on your machine.
I apologize for the delay in replying to your post, but this forum is extremely busy.
Please Track this topic - On the top right on this tread, click on the Option button, and, in the drop-down list, click on 'Track this topic'. Under Subscription Information, click on 'Immediate Email Notification' and then click on the Proceed button at the bottom.
Do Not make any changes on your own to the infected computer.
Please set your system to show all
Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Now, let's look more thoroughly at the infected computer -
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
We also need a log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner, but, first, we need to disable your CD Emulation drivers.
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Do not
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
Next, please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
Once you have the above logs, click on the Add Reply button below, copy in the DDS log, and include the Attach.txt and the GMER log as attachments. Also include any comments
that you might have concerning the infection(s) and the infected computer.