Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Removing TrojanDropper win32/Sirefef.B

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sammy Sooser

Sammy Sooser

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have used, in order, in safe mode after turning system restore off, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Spybot S&D. I then switched AV software to Security Essentials. Additionally, I ran an online scan. Several days ago then system showed clean. Today, my system is warning of the Sirefef.B infection and is not allowing me to send email. It will not connect to my corporate email server once again. I have read many web sites and have not found a way to completely remove the trojan. Please help on how to proceed.

Additionally, ran HijackThis and looked at log and it showed nothing out of the ordinary.

Windows XP pro SP3 fully updated with latest.

Thanks

Sammy

Edited by Sammy Sooser, 31 May 2011 - 02:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sammy Sooser

Sammy Sooser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

Ran full scan with Security Essentials and the trojan was found and removed...just as before....I am afraid the trojan will reappear shortly. I need to completely remove the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users