Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 total security virus?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

My husbands computer has got the win 7 total security virus. I"ve done a little research on my computer and found out it is a VIRUS. I'm trying to fix it but the darn virus is blocking my browser from accessing the internet. the research I did said to download spyware dr. That it's a free program but when I tried to do it on my computer it found "stuff" and said I would have to purchase it (29.99) to fix the problem. So is it a free program?

My husbands computer is an acer with windows 7. I'm not sure what other info you might need. Thanks for you help.

Edited by Budapest, 31 May 2011 - 05:41 PM.
Moved from Win7 ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crash Override

Crash Override

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

See instructions at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011 . Scroll down to the automated removal instructions and start there.

#3 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

I tried downloading the FixNCR. I go to open it and it says, "Adding information can unintentionally change or delete values and cause components to stop working correctly. Blah, blah, blah. I choose YES on "are you sure you want to continue"? then it says "The keys and values contained in "blah blah blah" have been successfully added to the registry. Then, NOTHING. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for but where do I go from here?

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

The registry key was successfully merged. Keep following the guide from Step 4 (downloading and running RKill) onward.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 31 May 2011 - 04:05 PM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

I went to step 4. It never gave me the option to save it to the desktop. Is that going to be a problem? I had to save this to my flash drive and then transferred it to my infected computer. A black screen comes up and it says "preparing RKill". After a short while it says Rkill completed. so I'm assuming I can move on to the next step?

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Yep, keep going. :thumbup2:

#7 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

Yay, it looks like it worked. That was nerve wracking while it opened the browser. In the tab it said win 7 security alert...then it was replace by the yahoo page. Woohoo! Thanks!!!

#8 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

Happy computing. :)