Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 recovery - partial fix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 je2xn

je2xn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

We obtained the windows 7 recovery virus yesterday. I figured this out this morning, and was told to delete all temporary internet files. This seemed to work partially, however the start menu pull down is still partially hidden, and the desktop pictures and icons are hidden. I ran unhide, and that did not do the trick. Can you please tell me why certain items are still hidden? What can i do to erase this messy virus completely?

Thanks,
Je2xn

Edited by hamluis, 01 June 2011 - 11:34 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GX5000

GX5000

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

http://www.precisesecurity.com/rogue/windows-recovery/

Good Luck !

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Start a new topic at this link and follow the instructions given by the malware staff http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users