Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cpu running at 100%

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nailchic

nailchic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

When I logged on to my windows 7 computer it was slow and then I noticed that the clock and date were wrong. I opened the task manager and found that the cpu was running at 100%. After using bleepingcompter website to find that there was a malware I also went through the startup menu and removed unwanted items. I also uninstalled Itunes which was the last program installed on compter. Right now I have malware software called Malwarebytes. I am doing a full scan its been running for and hour and a half. I just checked and the cpu is still running at 100%. The only thing I did not remove was the lastest windows updates. Could those be the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

If the system clock and datea are wrong...chances are that your CMOS battery needs to be replaced.

Please post a sxreenshot of the processes using the most CPU per Task Manager...you get rank them by clicking on the bar at the top.

What's the CPU percentage for System Idle Process?

Any onscreen error messages?

Louis

#3 nailchic

nailchic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Thank you Louis. I could not find the system Idle percentage not sure where to find that or what it is. I will have to check on the CMOS battery. Its my husbands computer that was having the problem so I do not have any screen shots. It seems to be working fine now. The malware software did not find any more problems. Im going to uninstall IE9 and use IE8 this will help with the browser shutdowns.

#4 Cameron Smith

Cameron Smith

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

ok, my computer had the same problem. maxing out on everything, clock wrong and everything. one question, are you able to access the date and time settings? i wasn't, so thats what makes me believe it might be the same problem. what was wrong with my computer was that i was missing alot of key system files needed for date and time. the way i fixed it was that i had to completely reinstall windows 7. THANKFULLY, you can do this without losing any files.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html
hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users