Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Empty Files; Internet directing to spam; Slow Running

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 clarepod

clarepod

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi, Please help!!
On the weekend my computer (Windows XP Professional) was infected with the 'delightful'WIndows XP REcovery Virus, at this point all my files on the computer were hidden. Thanks to following the removal of this virus via Bleepingcomputer; whereby I downloaded Malaware bytes ant-spyware and unhide.exe. By doing this, I seemed to have removed the virus and retrieved all icons for my previously hidden documents and files. However, although it shows that my file are there, they are all showing as 'Empty@ when I hover over the chosen programme. I am however able to access my photographs, but for example I am unable to access Skype. I have tried to download this again but I keep getting an error 2378 appear. I am also being redirected to spam websites on the internet, today I carried out updates on my computer and one of which was to update my internet explorer I did so and restarted the computer but on start up I had a message "ordinal 654 could not be located". At the moment I am using Google Chrome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Clare x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users