Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How BC get's rid of Spammers and Scammers.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#1 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Anyone that even thinks about Spamming or Scamming on Bleeping Computer should read this First?

I am hopefull for support with this one.

I personally dispise Spammers and Scammers, I have the opinion that most Members feel the same as I do, so let's honestly discuss it?

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

I've already reported quite a few already this year.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

Since BC is a well-known, large and thriving on-line community, it is the continual target for all kinds of spam and scam messages. The Staff here, assisted by the Members of the community who report suspect posts, rapidly removes such posts and bans its authors, as the community will attest.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,000 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

A high-traffic forum like BC is very dependent on quickly observing undesirable posts and removing them, and the staff who work behind the scenes do a sterling job. It's beneficial to have members distributed around the world so at any time someone will spot spam and report it almost immediately. A quiet site where I moderate can afford to have all new members' posts moderated, so there no spam is ever publicly seen, but that method would be too demanding for a busy site like BC.

Edit: the next thing I did after posting this was report some spam... :)

Edited by Platypus, 31 May 2011 - 09:24 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

A quiet site where I moderate can afford to have all new members' posts moderated

I vote we start doing that. I further nominate myrti to be the one who has to do it. :whistle:

#6 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

A quiet site where I moderate can afford to have all new members' posts moderated

I vote we start doing that. I further nominate myrti to be the one who has to do it. :whistle:

And now we have a baby sitter :P

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#7 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

I'll vote for myrti too :D

Edit: Since we've got someone else better nominated for the job, I'm changing my vote to Andrew

Edited by need TOS, 31 May 2011 - 06:20 PM.

Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#8 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

:hysterical:

Thanks for that laugh, that was hilarious.

Seriously though, Andrew really wants to do it himself. So I suggest we let him do it.

myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:26 PM

waitwhatno!

#10 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Congrats Andrew!

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#11 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

We hope to see you browsing the forums 24/7/365 :D
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#12 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

:o

#13 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

:hysterical:

You got my Vote Andrew, like me to add a Poll to this?

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#14 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

Now, now wait a minute everybody! Let's not rush into anything!

#15 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:38 AM

The Boss will pay you Andrew :whistle:

>Michael 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users