Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore and internet options goes problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boricua1967

boricua1967

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:13 AM

i uninstall internet explorer 8 and install chrome, but the minute i finish my icon for internet options its not working and missing the words ,it just shows the icon and the system restore calendar its blank. i try Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 paste to notepad and merged, start,run and rejsv32 jscrip,vbscrip,imshtml and system restore calendar zip. and nothing works. so i just install IE 8 and everything its working again. so how can i unistall IE8 without loosing my system restore and internet options icon? i want to used chrome ,cause ie was so slow. can i do it on safe mode ? thanks , i also ran malware software and and avast ,and nothing ,so its only when i remove internet explorer ,somehow the programs takes this with it. i have windows xp 32 home edition ,service pack 3/ thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

Leave IE installed - Just don't use it. You can have more than one browser
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

As USN Vet pointed out, you can have more than one browser. You can have several for that matter. But you will need to set the one that you want to use as the default browser.

Uninstalling IE8 will not remove IE, it will revert back to the previous version you had installed.

Just curious, did you uninstall IE8 under Add or Remove programs in the Control panel?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 boricua1967

boricua1967
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

thanks for a fast reply, i did remove by going to control panel under add/remove , but will just having it there not been used taking space cause it does not show how much space its taking, i have hardly no space on the harddrive and i guess it does not goes back to the last one i had since when i remove it and i go to control panel add/remove ,i dont see no other version of internet explorer in there.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Internet Explorer 8 was added after the installation of XP. Internet Explorer is installed as part of the XP operating system, this is why is doesn't show in the add or remove.

Windows XP originally came with IE6 which is just over 10MB.

If your hdd is getting full you can always transfer files to removable media, like CDs, DVDs, flash drives, or another hdd.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users