Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Bad Pool Caller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elektro

Elektro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:51 AM

I'm getting a blue screen occassionally while gaming and under heavy load(dual logged). This is happening regularly for the past week(every 1-3 hours while playing). I have not installed any new software, but I have installed new drivers for soundcard and video card and a logitech camera. I don't recall exactly if I installed these drivers as a result of getting the blue screen or if they were the cause of it. The only major changes to my pc was a new power supply within the past month. The old one died and could not maintain a high enough voltage output which caused random rebooting.
The error message on the blue screen is as follows:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
BAD_POOL_CALLER
After that message is a generic message followed by:
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x0202001, 0x86323608)

The reason i suspect a problem with my sound card is when I checked the event log after my last blue screen it said the following:
Unable to start a DCOM Server: {A41AF26F-59E4-11D1-AD3A-00AA003E4F83}. The error:
"The system cannot find the file specified. "
Happened while starting this command:

C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\Mediadet.exe -Embedding

I attempted to delete the driver for soundcard(Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum SB0240) and reinstall and have downloaded all the latest updated drivers for it, but my problem persists. I also have a Creative Labs Video Card nVidia Gforce 6800 GT, which adds to my confusion, as I am not sure the location specified in the event log has to do with sound or video. I downloaded and updated the latest nVidia driver as well.
I would be happy to post a dxdiag file if it may help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
~E

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:37 AM

See if one of these helps:
Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER
0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Elektro

Elektro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

Well after spending most of my day trying to figure this one out... I decided to clear my sound card driver and reinstall it. I followed instructions at Creative Labs support and ran into an issue trying to uninstall the soundblaster from add/remove programs, so i got tweak xp pro and removed it. Followed all steps and got to the point where I cancel all the prompts indicating new hardware detected and put in the installation disk. When I went to install the drivers off the install disk, it said it was unable to detect a soundblaster audigy 2. so i rebooted and let the prompt install a Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) driver from the cd rom when i specified to get it from there. Problem is... i cannot get rid of the error message when trying to install the rest of the software for the card unless I download and install SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031(3).exe updated driver from the Creative Labs website. This also changes the driver name in the device manager to correctly state what I have 'under the hood'.

Once when I was in the middle of doing those steps several times, I got a different BSOD message.

the notable info was:
***STOP 0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0xF46BD8E6, 0xBADDF1B0, 0x00000000)
...emupia2k.sys - address F46BD8E6 base at F46B6000, Datestamp 3 de1a116

So I think I am still in the same predicament as before. I don't remember the soundcard drivers having been this difficult to install when i first put it in, other than having to go into the BIOS and disable the onboard soundcard on the mobo.

Any other thoughts? I'm approaching the point of threatening my pc with violence :thumbsup:

thanks,
~E

Edited by Elektro, 06 January 2006 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users