Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#16 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

computer crashed ...slow progress yet still progress is being made

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Can you please elaborate a little more about when the computer crashed? What happened? What's it doing now? Were you able to proceed with the ESET Online Scanner?

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

#18 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

The screen went blue and announced it was shutting down the computer. When it returned I started the ESET again.

as I tried to write a reply to you about 10 mins ago the whole computer froze..I shut it down...I am about to start the ESET for the third time should I?

Also a black empty DOS looking box pops up every time the computer is launched....it's titled clean launch

#19 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Do this below and then run the ESET Online scanner;

We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  • When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  • Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
    Posted Image
  • When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
    Posted Image

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

#20 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

on it

#21 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

:thumbsup:

#22 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

Ok ESET has finished and there are no found infections to list ... Running security check now

#23 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.13
Windows 7 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 8
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Enabled!
ESET Online Scanner v3
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.14
Adobe Reader X (10.0.1)
Mozilla Firefox (x86 en-GB..)
````````````````````````````````
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent

``````````End of Log````````````

#24 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi!

Please follow these instructions carefully;

OTL Custom Scan
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Under Extra Registry select Use Safe List
  • Under Custom Scan paste this in

netsvcs
    drivers32
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\*.* /s
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\*.lnk /x
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\*.lnk /x
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.tmp
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.dat
    %USERPROFILE%\*.exe
    %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Common\*.*
    %USERPROFILE%\Favorites\*.url /x
    dir /b "%systemroot%\system32\*.exe" | find /i " " /c
    dir /b "%systemroot%\*.exe" | find /i " " /c
    %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\*.txt /x
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
  • You may need two posts to fit them both in.

#25 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

Scanning now

#26 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Okay.

#27 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

An error - cannot create file c:\users\oleuanna\downloads\cmd.bat.

Has just popped up I clicked ok everything seems to have come to a halt

#28 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hi!

Try this custom scan instead:

OTL Custom Scan
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Under Extra Registry select Use Safe List
  • Under Custom Scan paste this in

netsvcs
    drivers32
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\*.* /s
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\*.lnk /x
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\*.lnk /x
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.tmp
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.dat
    %USERPROFILE%\*.exe
    %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Common\*.*
    %USERPROFILE%\Favorites\*.url /x
    %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\*.txt /x
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
  • You may need two posts to fit them both in.

#29 Oleuanna

Oleuanna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

Hey

it's scanning now...only problem sofar is that i tickedthe box use safelist and it just bounces back to none...any advice?

#30 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Click on Run Scan instead of Quick Scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users