Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange problem with music files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 defrost

defrost

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

Here is the issue, it's a doozie.

When I built my new computer, I moved 2 files of music - itunes music and tune tools music (a utility for pulling music off an old ipod) - to a secondary hard drive, which I installed in the new machine. when I opened windows media player (win7 64 bit) for the first time, it did not show the first 7 songs on every album. When I looked in the files, I noticed that the album and track information was not listed on the first 7 songs, but it was listed on the files for the rest of the album. What is even more strange, is that winamp plays and recognizes all of the tracks.

My first reaction was to say f-it and use winamp exclusively; however, I have the PC linked with the XBOX in the living room to play music and what not. itunes does not recognize the tracks either, I can only get them to play in winamp.

I have 50+ gigs of music and don't want to lose more than half of it. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this could be? Another note - I had a backup of my music files from before I moved everything to the 2nd hard drive. I restored the back up and the files there have the same issue as well.

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users