This is the link to my previous topic in which I couldn't get my problem resolved. The tech wasn't able to help me and told me to move my topic to the Vista forum.
My problems with my Sony Vaio has gotten worse. I've recovered it and restored it a could of times now but the problem is still there.
Here are the symptoms:
- Not able to install anti-virus; it stops before the installation completes (however, I was able to download Malwarebytes)
- Not able to get any new updates for Vista
- Redirecting search engines
- Internet explorer ads pop-up when not online
- Sound/ads play when there is no pop-up
- 'Windows has blocked some start-up programs' keep popping up
- Before it goes fritzy to where I have to recover it again, it ends up making all my applications on the computer not able to open up.
So far all the scans I have done have come up clean. However, I have unable to start/work TDSSkiller.exe (even after renaming file ext.) and when I tried RKUnhookweLE.exe, the system shuts down unexpectedly and no log comes up.
Any help please?
Edited by hamluis, 31 May 2011 - 10:57 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.