Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Welcome To The Final Days Of The Internet As We Know It

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WillieMac

WillieMac

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

I know you all may think I am crazy to suggest that this so powerful thing we call the internet would ever end. But just take a look at what we have accomplished in such a short time. What's it been, 20 years or so? if that. That we as a society have had access, and only the last 10 or so have we had the incredible rapid growth of users beyond comprehension.
How incredibly attached we have become with all its splendor, shopping, communication, research, investments and income, logistics, time management, health, and so on. It is endless it seems. And yet for some it is a playground to act out aggression, and terrorism by way of worms and viruses which serve no one but the developers sick ego. Or, as we all I am sure can assume is true, serve the developers pocket as they then design the antivirus software to remove the problem. The internet has become a huge game for adware and spam artists. They know the next moves that are made will be to try to stop their intrusions. So on they go to the next play to continue the cycle.
As we can see by sites like this one that it is becoming a way of life to deal with these issues. Even as I was using the links here to download the fix for one I was getting hammered by some other unsolicited antivirus developer and was tricked (or was not paying close enough attention) into clicking the "next" button only to get nearly locked up trying to get out of it. And this insanity of the evil wasted intelligence of the perpetrators of these attacks on our peace of mind and valuable time is increasing more rapidly than the patience and desire for internet access can bare. In my opinion anyway.
If there is not going to be any accountability and prosecution for the ones who have this sickness then where does it all end up? It is so obvious that if it continues unchecked that the internet as we have known it will be abandoned just like any game where the children who don't know how to be team players or are unable to perform as well as they wish they could usually are so disruptive as to make sure no one plays or enjoys themselves. Pathetic
So, in closing I will acknowledge that it is at this time impossible to track the activities that these people do it seems. And yet only yesterday I heard that the information about you at your local library regarding over due books and fines will be potentially used to amend your credit rating. So it is also obvious that information gathering can go deep, as deep as they want it to go, just follow the money.
I wonder where it will all end up. Private internet severs that have to maintain certain levels of integrity for a price, only to have major shutdowns to do cleanouts or what? Just a lot of forums and people with anxiety wishing they never had internet to begin with.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neverwill

Neverwill

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

Um...no the internet will never end..there'll be more advanced virus's out there soon enough trust me..hah..all you gota do is make sure your protected from all that stuff and allso..when theres random pop ups..make sure you dont click on them...they just cause more trouble..that might be a helpfull hint for everyone on the internet nowadays..

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users