Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is stuck on "Setup is Starting Services" screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MadHoneyBee19

MadHoneyBee19

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

I am not trying to install Windows 7, it came on my computer and has been working fine for over a year now. I restarted my computer a few days ago (after it had been working just fine) and now it will not load past the "Setup is Starting Services" screen. I keep getting the error message "Install Windos: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click 'OK' to restart the computer, then restart the installation." I cannot figure out why it is mentioning anything about installing windows when it came on the computer and has been working until now. I have hit "ok" and it does nothing but come back to the same stuck point. I do not have a disk for this computer as it never came with one. It is a Toshiba Satellite L455D. I am posting on here from another computer that works fine, so just tell me what I need to do to the other one to get it running properly again. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hi,
Are you getting similar symptoms when you boot into safemode(f8 on reboot). Are you wanting to save any data/files ?? if not then you can restore your machine back to factory (out of the box state) settings by pressing and holding down the zero key, release the key as soon as the recovery windows opens, you will be prompted with a few options the one you want to pick is 'box state' this process can take quite a while so be patient, also before doing you MUST make sure you have NOTHING plugged into your machine.. i.e .. mice/flashdrives etc...

Iain.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#3 MadHoneyBee19

MadHoneyBee19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

I have tried starting in every safe mode option possible (safe mode, safe mode with command prompt) and it still does not get past that "setup is starting services" screen. Thanks for replying, by the way! Any help would be great!

#4 MadHoneyBee19

MadHoneyBee19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

Ok. I just tried the holding down zero idea and it seems to be working so far. Hopefully this will make it work again! Thanks again!

#5 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

Ok. I just tried the holding down zero idea and it seems to be working so far. Hopefully this will make it work again! Thanks again!

Please let me know how you get on :thumbup2: Hope every thing works out and you end up with a working machine.

Iain.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users