Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't hear my dictations through my headphones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ahmgawndafthere

Ahmgawndafthere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

I am working from home for a company in Germany so that phoning there for help can be rather expensive!! I have with their help installed a Grundig Sd4240 digital transcriber machine so that I can type up their English dictations but I am hearing them through my computer loudspeakers and not my compatible Grundig headphones. I have all the necessary cables plugged in but somehow it does not let me hear through the headphones. Can anyone give me advice please?

Ahmgawndafthere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with that equipment but it sounds like you don't have your headphones plugged in right or its muted in the volume control mixer.

Where are the headphones plugged in and what color is the jack?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users