Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 vs. Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 novice101

novice101

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

I have Windows Vista and - lucky me - when I had to buy this computer, it was the short period of time when all I could get on a computer was Windows Vista. I HATE how it totally changed the look of XP unnecessarily, MS office is now NOT intuitive, and gave me Windows Mail which sucks. I can't even sync with my Blackberry. However, I've caught on to Office for the most part. I've been advised that Windows 7 is much better and I should upgrade, but I'm reading mixed reviews. I was also told I'd be better off installing a new version of Windows 7, as opposed to just buying the upgrade, for a clean transition. I'd like to get Outlook back (instead of Windows Mail), and keep Internet Explorer because that is what I know, being the novice that I am. I've read it doesn't come with any e-mail. Based on all of your (collectively) expert experience, should I buy Windows 7? Upgrade or full version? Do I buy Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium? Will I need to buy MS Office upgrades ( I currently run 2007)?

Desperate for guidance! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

You can do a 'clean' install with a Windows 7 upgrade. Office 2007 works with Windows 7, just fine (that's what I'm using). You will have to use your DVD to install it, of course.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users