Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blank screen and beeps

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jjeisse

jjeisse

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

When I start my computer, there'll be a beep a pause then another beep, then follow by 3 /4 fast beeps and my screen remains blank. I've had a similar problem before where my screen won't start up and it turns out there was a prob with my video card, the guy did some work on it and it was fine. So this problem now , is it related to my video card? should i get a new one???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AstroIROC

AstroIROC

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

The beeps are the BIOS telling you there is a hardware problem. you need to figure out what BIOS you have and then find the beep codes for it to be able to know what the beeps are telling you. the top 2 troubles are video and memory. If you have moved your PC around. The video card could have just become unseated, typical of older cards without the locking mechanisim. Try pushing it it tight, the other could be a bad memory stick, try removing one stick at a time and booting and see if it boots. make sure you remove the power cord before plugging or unplugging any cards!!
I am hungry for knowledge

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Look in the owner/user manual for your system...to see what the beeps might mean. If no info re such is in the manual, try the system manufacturer's website.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#4 jjeisse

jjeisse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

The beeps are the BIOS telling you there is a hardware problem. you need to figure out what BIOS you have and then find the beep codes for it to be able to know what the beeps are telling you. the top 2 troubles are video and memory. If you have moved your PC around. The video card could have just become unseated, typical of older cards without the locking mechanisim. Try pushing it it tight, the other could be a bad memory stick, try removing one stick at a time and booting and see if it boots. make sure you remove the power cord before plugging or unplugging any cards!!

I took out my memory and video card and reinsert it ,problem still there.

#5 jjeisse

jjeisse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Look in the owner/user manual for your system...to see what the beeps might mean. If no info re such is in the manual, try the system manufacturer's website.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

my computer is not a branded computer , my friend built it for me.

#6 AstroIROC

AstroIROC

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

The motherboard still should have come with a users manual. If you don't have it, you can search this information on the MB manufactures website using the model number. The manufacture and model number will be printed right on the MB or on a sticker on the MB

#7 jjeisse

jjeisse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

The motherboard still should have come with a users manual. If you don't have it, you can search this information on the MB manufactures website using the model number. The manufacture and model number will be printed right on the MB or on a sticker on the MB

Right... So I downloaded the manual and check up on the BIOS beep code and it seems there is an error with my display card.
Any suggestions as to what display I should get next? I think i wanna get a better one than the one i have now.I currently have Sapphire ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 3870 HD3870 PCIE GDDR4 512MB Dual DVI-I/TVO

#8 AstroIROC

AstroIROC

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

I don't do any gaming, so i don't have a need for a high end card. No recommendations here. Check places like new egg and look at the reviews and see what the serious gamers say about therte cards. Good Luck I'm sure some one here also has some recommendations?? anyone!!!

#9 jjeisse

jjeisse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:24 AM

I don't do any gaming, so i don't have a need for a high end card. No recommendations here. Check places like new egg and look at the reviews and see what the serious gamers say about therte cards. Good Luck I'm sure some one here also has some recommendations?? anyone!!!

Thank you anyways for your input and help! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users