Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Security Guardian

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ecullen

ecullen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hi, I was playing on facebook when an alert came up about being "infected" by trojan virus and all these popups came up with all the files that were supposedly infected. I knew this was bogus because it happened to me before, a long time ago. The difference this time was that when I tried to click on Essentials to clean up, it bumped me back to the PC Security Guardian to purchase a removal kit for 50 bucks. I tried to contact Microsoft and the same thing happened. I was locked into my computer. Couldn't do anything!! I went to close down and instead restored the computer back a few days to see if that would work. It didn't and yet it did. I got to Essentials and ran it and now I've got this THING quarantined on my computer and I need to remove it permanantly. I'm sure you are familiar with it called P C Security Guardian. Could you please help me. I'm disabled, don't go anywhere and my computer is the window to my world. Thank you for your kindness and patience.

Edited by Blade Zephon, 30 May 2011 - 10:35 AM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hello,

There is a removal guide for this infection here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-pc-security-guardian

Please let us know if this resolves your issues or not.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 sailingdog

sailingdog

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. The removal guide worked great except for replacing the host file. I right clicked the windows 7 host file link and chose the "save target as" but the etc folder is hidden or not there. A separate search of the folder shows the etc folder in the "drivers" folder but no HOSTS file showing. Is there a reason that I cannot complete the removal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users